Monday, January 18, 2016

Petite Buffet Makeover {French Linen}

Full speed into the week ahead and just really wanted to share this little buffet that I made over this past weekend.



When I picked this girl up, I fell immediately in love with the simplicity of the piece and the nice clean lines. Not to mention that it is only 4' long...I never find them this size!

But once I got home with my new treasure, it was easy to see that it had been through many repairs and refreshes in it's life...none of which appeared to have been executed with much care.

So we glued, clamped and scrapped away the damaged veneer.

I tossed the dated hardware and sought out something with more flair.

A couple coats of Annie Sloan French Linen with liberal sanding between coats and this little buffet was starting to look so darn cute.

Linking up with:
Talk of the Town
Link Party Palooza
Something to Talk About

Here are some photos of the finished piece. 




Love the new hardware, so fitting for this piece!


Oh and these little candles sticks are repurposed table legs; washed with graphite and dark wax.


Once again, thanks for stopping by, have a great week!
Crystal

5 comments:

  1. Great color and styling. Love that gray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful makeover Crystal and beautifully staged as well. Pinned to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. French Linen is one of my favorite colors! I love the way you gave this piece a fresh new feel. It's beautiful! CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love that finish, so classic. those little candlesticks are genius. :)

    ReplyDelete