Saturday, August 8, 2015

Antique Buffet {Repurposed}

When we brought this buffet home I was thrilled at the find and thought I would do some quick cosmetic work and get painting.

Easy, right?

Not so quick, it wasn't going to be that easy!

To my surprise {and complete frustration}, the drawers that came with it were so badly damaged and warped that once I removed them...they were never ever going to go back into place! Even though I was disappointed that they weren't functioning {and that we failed to realize this before we purchased it}, this was still a really gorgeous piece with great bones so I needed to repurpose it and give it a new look! I've been down this road many times before and knew I had options. So without hesitation, I tossed the drawers and grabbed some wood and converted the spaces into some shelves.

I've staged it with some fun baskets that would be great for storing goodies, but you could also use this as a media stand or to store linens in a hallway.

I'm very pleased with the completed project, I hope you like it as much as I do!







Finished with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, French Linen.

Thanks for taking a look! Enjoy your Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment