Friday, August 8, 2014

Florence {Flo}


Let me introduce you to Florence, or Flo for short!

This fine lady was rescued from a farm in western Minnesota earlier this summer. Odd as it was, no one at the sale wanted this piece...can you even fathom that!? I had been drooling over her from the minute I set eyes on her.

On the drive home that day, I knew that I wanted to try out my new Annie Sloan paint, Florence on this gem. I finished it with dark wax to give it that antique finish it deserved. I also lined the drawers with a sweet gold and cream polka dot fabric for added charm.

Linking up with:







11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - I can't imagine that no one wanted her. Great score...beautiful makeover!
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color and great bones! I love how you name your furniture. Thanks for sharing at the Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The finish on this is beautiful! The antique wax works beautifully with that color :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison--and thanks for hosting such a great party each week!

      Delete
  5. Wow, love what you've done with Flo! Simply divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flo is absolutely fabulous! That's one gorgeous green! Thanks for sharing on the Best of DIY!
    Therese @FreshIdeaStudio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese! What an amazing party you girls put on!!

      Delete