Sunday, April 27, 2014

Antique Spoon Carved Wash Stand {Natural + Old Ochre}

I had been looking for a cute spoon carved dresser for months... and then one day, when I least expected it, I came a across two! Go figure!


This particular one was so sweet but with all that dark stain you could hardly see the great detailing. As you all know, I don't like painting the entire piece unless it has so much cosmetic damage that I have no other choice. So here again, I did the two tone Paint/Stain combo and I think it turned our adorable!

The piece as painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. First, I gave it a coat of Old Ochre (a warm, darker cream) and then I white washed a coat of Old White. After a liberal distressing, I finished it with clear wax. The top was sanded and stained with a mix of Dark Walnut and Kona, and then sealed with a satin poly.

Here it is before the transformation.

Here are just a few more beauty shots. Be sure to take notice of the amazing drawer pulls...aren't they unreal! So much character on these old pieces:)





No comments:

Post a Comment