I have been seeing posts all over Pinterest lately of people making headboards out of old doors...so as luck would have it, I found this really nice solid door and brought her home and began repurposing.
I lightly sanded some of the high spots and then worked it over with a hammer and a few of my husband's welding tools. I picked up some crown molding and attached it to the top. The next step was tough because I needed to get the pine molding to match the depth and color of the old door. I grabbed a few different paints: red, brown, black. After applying several coats of each, I finally got the right look. Finally, I layered on a few coats of dark stain over then entire door and sealed it off with some satin poly.
I attached the headboard right to the bed frame with some screws, but you could just attach it right to the wall.
This is a wonderful antique gateleg table that fits well in a small place but extends to an amazing 100" when fully extended! It's painted in a nice antique cream and lightly sanded down to the original stain. I have six adorable chairs that match, I'll post them in a few days.
I've been waiting for my new stamp to arrive so I could start making my tags...well, it ARRIVED and I couldn't be happier! I used recycled file folders for the tags:)
I purchased it from an artisian I found on Etsy,
Kelsey Elise Pike. The stamp quality is awesome! The artwork is spot on to that of the file that I sent Kelsey, she mounted it to a nice wood block--very well constructed! LOVE!